Home > Others > Singapore Airshow Newsroom > 2018 > Singapore Airshow 2018 Traffic Arrangements and Transportation Advisory
Singapore Airshow 2018 Traffic Arrangements and Transportation Advisory
26 JANUARY 2018
The Singapore Airshow will take place at Changi Exhibition Centre from Tuesday, 6 February 2018 to Sunday, 11 February 2018.
The following traffic arrangements and transportation guidelines will be effective from Monday, 29 January to Wednesday, 14 February 2018. Affected roads will reopen and all roads will be fully accessible from 6am onwards on Thursday, 15 February 2018. Please refer to Annex A (on page 4) for the full details.
Singapore Airshow 2018 Traffic Arrangements and Transportation Guidelines
1. Changi Exhibition Centre will only be accessible via Tanah Merah Coast Road
a. To get to Changi Exhibition Centre, visitors will have to use Tanah Merah Coast Road only (via ECP or Xilin Ave).
b. Changi Exhibition Centre will not be accessible from Changi Village i.e. via Loyang Avenue, Telok Paku Road, Nicoll Drive and Changi Coast Road.
2. Road Closures
a. Changi Coast Road, Aviation Park Road and Tanah Merah Coast Road will be closed at specific times.
3. Closure of Coastal Park Connector and On-road Cycling Lane
a. The Coastal Park Connector and On-road Cycling Lane will be closed to the public.
4. Vehicular Access to Singapore Airshow
a. Private Vehicles including cars, buses and coaches will be permitted with the use of a valid Airshow Car Label.
b. Private Hire Car Services booked through mobile apps including Grab and Uber will not be permitted.
c. Taxis which are dropping off passengers at the Airshow and without on-board passengers will be permitted.
d. On-call taxis booked through any channel including mobile apps, by SMS, over the phone, online websites, etc will be permitted only during specific times.
5. Airshow and Hotel Shuttles
a. Airshow visitors are encouraged to take the official Airshow Shuttle from the Singapore Expo or the Hotel Shuttle from the following hotels to Changi Exhibition Centre:
- Fairmont Singapore/Swissotel the Stamford, Mandarin Orchard Hotel, Mandarin Oriental, Marina Mandarin, Orchard Hotel, Pan Pacific Singapore, Rendezvous Hotel and the Ritz Carlton Singapore.
b. Applicable fees will be collected by the operators of the Airshow and Hotel Shuttle services at the point of boarding.
c. Public day ticket holders enjoy a complimentary two-way ride on the Airshow Shuttle.
6. Temporary Diversion of SBS Transit’s Service 35
a. Service 35 will ply a truncated loop between Bedok Interchange and Tanah Merah Coast Road, skipping seven bus stops.
b. A complimentary shuttle service will be operated between Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS) and Changi Village when Service 35 is truncated.
7. Taxi Location Surcharge
a. A location surcharge of S$12 will be levied on top of the metered fare for every taxi journey starting from Changi Exhibition Centre.(1) 8. Use of Personal Mobility Devices (PMDs) and Personal Mobility Aids (PMAs)
a. Bicycles and personal mobility devices such as hoverboards and motorised scooters, will not be permitted at Singapore Airshow 2018.
b. Only personal mobility aids (PMAs) e.g. motorised wheelchairs, mobility scooters, etc which are essential for the movement or transportation of any visitors with disabilities, will be permitted.
- Visitors are encouraged to take the Airshow Shuttle Bus from Singapore Expo, Hall 7 (Foyer) or the Hotel Shuttle from selected hotels for direct access to the event site.
- If you are driving to the Airshow: please approach from ECP or Xilin Ave to access Tanah Merah Coast Road only and display a valid Airshow Car Label.
- If you are coming by taxi: please inform your driver to use ECP or Xilin Ave to access Tanah Merah Coast Road only.
- Directional signs and information boards will be displayed along Tanah Merah Coast Road to guide motorists.
- Airshow personnel will be on-hand to direct traffic and assist the public.
- All visitors are advised to factor in the usual expected heavy traffic during the Airshow, as well as time needed to go through security checks when planning their journey.
- Please note that Public Day tickets will not be available for sale or collection at the Changi Exhibition Centre and Singapore Expo. All tickets purchased through SISTIC must be collected from SISTIC prior to arrival at the Changi Exhibition Centre and Singapore Expo.
Safety and Security
- Vehicle security checkpoints will be set up outside Changi Ferry Terminal on Changi Coast Road and outside Changi Naval Base on Tanah Merah Coast Road.
- Visitors are required to undergo security screening upon arrival at Changi Exhibition Centre.
- Please present your Airshow pass when requested to do so by our security personnel.
Please check the Singapore Airshow 2018 website (www.singaporeairshow.com) and Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/OfficialSingaporeAirshow for the latest traffic updates.
Email feedback, queries or requests for assistance to Daniel Boey (danielboey[at]experiaevents.com) and SingaporeAirshow2018[at]hkstrategies.com.
(1) With the changes in the surrounding road systems due to the launch of the new Tanah Merah Coast Road, the increased taxi surcharge is designed to encourage taxi drivers to pick up passengers from Changi Exhibition Centre. Taxi drivers will earn the full amount of the surcharge on top of the metered fare for every trip they make.
ANNEX A – DETAILS OF SINGAPORE AIRSHOW 2018 TRAFFIC ARRANGEMENTS
1. Road Closures
The following roads near Changi Exhibition Centre (including pedestrian footpaths) will be closed from Monday, 29 January 2018 to Wednesday, 14 February 2018. (Please refer to Figure 1 for a map of the closed sections.)
a. Changi Coast Road
- Starting from Changi Ferry Terminal and ending at Aviation Park Road
b. Aviation Park Road
c. Tanah Merah Coast Road
- Between Aviation Park Road and Tanah Merah Coast Road (minor) / Changi Naval Base